Famous Reading Outdoors
20,000 Pennsylvania Acres / 650 Miles of Trails
Open 365 Days a Year – Sun Up to Sun Down
Miles of Smiles and Endless Days of Fun!
This region of Pennsylvania features world-class terrain for your recreation destination.
Famous Reading Outdoors offers:Hill Climbs
Free Range Riding
Single Track for all your Dirt Bike / Motocross needs!
Famous Reading Outdoors (FRO) is perfect for inexperienced beginner off-roading riders or experienced trail riders.
Grasp this rowdy challenge and opportunity to ride through wooded portions of Schuylkill and Northumberland counties in Central Eastern Pennsylvania. Youll experience and practice your riding on acres of flats, rugged terrain with steep hills and deep ravines.
Majestic views of :Mountain Top Meadows
Coal Mines from Pennsylvania's historic blue collar past
How FRO Works
- Yearly memberships
- No rentals
- Sun-up to sun-down Daily
- Office Hours: 8am-4pm M-F
- Anyone on site must have proper membership!
- Driving membership $175/yr
- Passenger membership $35/yr
- 12 y/o & Up
- Registration Required (Dirt Bikes Exempt)
- Insurance Required ($100,000 in coverage for property damage).
- Your membership will expire one year to the date of purchase.
- You do not need to check-in prior to riding Famous Reading Outdoors. Please park in one of the 8 designated parking areas as follows. Click Here »
- Always carry your membership card or your temporary permit.
- A trial pass is $45 for the day for anyone driving a vehicle and $15 for the day for a passenger. (credits toward membership for 30 days)
6 different Tracts:
- Coal hill Tract
- The Flats Tract
- Ashland Mountain Tract
- Ashland Mountain South Tract
- Locust Gap Tract
- St. Kierns Tract
- Burma Trails Tract
- Darkwater Tract